Choose four or five of the following. If you wish, compose some of your own or adapt some of these.
1. Let us pray for N. In baptism he/she died with Christ, may he/she now share in the fullness of his resurrection. Lord, hear us.
2. God is full of mercy and compassion. May he forgive N. any sins he/she committed through human frailty. Lord, hear us.
3. For the sorrowing family, relatives and friends of N., that you may find strength and consolation in your Christian faith and in the love and support of this community. Lord, hear us.
4. We pray for those who mourn N’s death (especially ….); that you may find strength and consolation in the hope we have through the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. Lord, hear us.
5. God of all consolation, help us to comfort one another in our grief, finding light in time of darkness, and faith in time of doubt. Lord, hear us.
6. We pray for all those we have loved and have died. Lord give them the reward of their goodness. Lord, hear us.
7. We pray for those who care for the sick and dying, especially those who cared for N. during his/her illness. Lord, hear us.
8. For all parents who grieve over the death of their children; that they may be comforted in the knowledge that they rest in God. Lord, hear us.
9. May the prayers of Mary, the Mother of God, who stood by the cross as her son was dying, help those who mourn and be with all of us in our time of need. Lord, hear us.
10. We pray for those here today, that our memory of N. whom we loved inspire us with a renewed love for all our sisters and brothers. Lord, hear us.
11. We pray for all of us here today and for all members of our Church; that we may be prepared for the hour of our death, when God will call us by name, to pass from this world to the next. Lord, hear us.