The Sacrament of Matrimony comes about through a promise made by a man and a woman before God and the Church, which is accepted and confirmed by God and consummated by the bodily union of the couple. Because God himself forms the bond of sacramental marriage, it is binding until the death of one of the partners. [CCC 1625-1631]
The man and the woman mutually administer the sacrament of Matrimony.
A sacramental marriage has three necessary elements: (1) free consent, (2) the affirmation of a lifelong, exclusive union, and (3) openness to children. [CCC 1644-1654]
To book a wedding in the Parish or to enquire about pre-Nuptial enquiry forms, please contact the Parish Office AT LEAST 6 MONTHS before your wedding date.
This must be done first before any other bookings are made to ensure the availability of the Church and the priest.
What are the Civil Requirements?
All Civil Requirements information is contained in this document below
How do I book a Pre-Marriage Course?
ACCORD Dublin has a new website. For Sacramental Marriage Preparation Courses or for Marriage and Relationship Counselling please visit www.accorddublin.ie.
- Remember to bring the Marriage registration Form (MRF) that you got from the Civil Registrar with you when you meet the priest to do your Pre-Nuptial papers.
- Baptismal & Confirmation Certificates must be issued within 6 months of the wedding date.
- For some useful information on the liturgy you may visit www.gettingmarried.ie
- If you have any questions around arranging flowers or booking a wedding practice time in the church please speak to the parish office about this at time of booking the wedding and the parish secretary can answer any of these questions for you.
- Suggested readings and prayers for Weddings can be downloaded in PDF format below
- You can download a document listing pre-marriage courses and people who can assist with music for weddings. To download a PDF version of this document below